TCAA Educational Offerings
Outside Courses and Conferences
Pediatric Interfacility Transfer Tool Kit
- When prompted to either "Open" or "Save" to desktop, click "Save." Please do not try to open it within the web browser.
Thank you for making our 16th Annual TCAA Trauma Conference a Success!
Congratulations to our
Best Practice Poster Session Winners
Best Practice and Poster Winner
Multimodal Therapy Decreases Pneumonia as a Complication of Rib Fractures
Allen Lamb, DO, FACOS, Trauma Medical Director Oakwood Southshore Medical Center
Second Place Tie Best Practice Winners
Development of an Electronic Flow Sheet for Documentation of Trauma Resuscitation at a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center
Lee Ann Wurster, RN, MS, CPNP, Trauma Nurse Coordinator
Nationwide Children's Hospital
The Clock is Ticking. The Timely Administration of FFP
Karen Brenner, BSN, RN, Trauma Research Coordinator
ProMedica Toledo Hospital/Toledo Children's Hospital
TCAA Education Opportunities
Education for Directors/Managers
The path to trauma program administration is often through the clinical ladder which rarely prepares the manager for the tasks of financing and operating a trauma center. To assure managers are successful, whatever their background, TCAA provides the following annually:
- Comprehensive PI Course
- Finance and Business Planning Course.
Education for Trauma Medical Directors
The TCAA offers a course to educate Trauma Medical Directors about the business and leadership skills needed in their challenging administrative role. The Trauma Medical Director course is limited to a small number of participants to facilitate discussion and problem solving. The course is held during the Annual Trauma Conference.
TCAA's Annual Meeting/Conference offers hospital and trauma system administrative professionals a one stop educational conference. Our Annual Conference comprehensively covers trauma operations including, but not limited to: system development, finance, reimbursement, advocacy, performance improvement and many facets of leadership development. The goal of TCAA's conference is to prepare participants to address the issues confronting trauma care systems now and in the future.
Members of TCAA receive audiotapes of the Trauma Center Association of America's Annual Meeting.
Mark your calendars for the TCAA Annual Meeting on September 30-October 3, 2014.
TCAA offers Webinar Conferences on current topics of interest to Managers and Trauma Medical Directors. These webinars are limited to TCAA members only. During these webinars, you have access to national experts in their fields. The webinars are recorded and accessible to members.
Are you offerering or interested in attending a conference on trauma management or care. If so, check our website for conference offerings. You can also list conferences you are sponsoring.
Webinar Conferences (TCAA Members Only)
See the side panel on the right of this page for instructions on how to register for the webinars.
- Making the Most of Your Trauma Data: Telling the Trauma Program Financial Story to Administration (2013)
- Driving the Market Share: Full Speed Ahead (2013)
- Advocacy: Healthcare Reform and the Impact on Trauma Centers (2013)
- Attaining Your Organization's Goals Through ICD-10 (2013)
- Advocacy: Positioning Trauma Care in the Evolving Health Care Delivery System (2012)
- Performance Improvement: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (2012)
- ACS Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) (2011)
- Collections, Denials & Appeals (2011)
- Managed Care Contracts & Carve Outs (2011)
- Advocacy: Healthcare Reform & the Future of Trauma and Emergency Medicine (2011)
- Trauma Finance (2011)
- Marketing your Trauma Services: Annual Trauma Program Report (2010)
- Physician Coverage: Models for the Current & Upcoming Surgical Shortage (2010)
- Drop off/Drive by: How to Bill for Trauma Team Activations without Pre-notification (2010)
- Mid-Level Practitioners: Filling and Funding the Gap (2009)
- Hospital Acquired Complications: Updates on "Present on Admission" Non-Payment (2009)
- EMTALA and Non-Emergent Transfers: What Does the Law Really Require (2007)
- Trauma Center Finance: A Surgical Perspective (2007)
- Evidence-based JCAHO: Safety Practice Protocols for Trauma Services (2006)
- Emphasis on Excellence: Performance Improvement on a Shoestring (2005)
- Making the Most of Your Trauma Data: Telling the Trauma Program Financial Story to Administration (2005)
Please contact Tracey Spencer for more information on accessing these recorded sessions:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (575) 525-9511
Outside Courses and Conferences
14th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference and Pediatric Update, December 5 & 6, 2013 at the Academic Education Center Auditorium A and B
4800 Alberta Avenue, El Paso, Texas. View Conference Website.
Rao R. Ivatury Trauma Symposium, "From the Street to the Street: Successful Outcomes Through Communication and Collaboration in the Trauma System" April 30, 2014 at Richmond Marriott, 500 East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219. Save the Date VCU Division of Trauma,Critical Care and Emergency General Surgery in conjunction with the Office of Continuing Medical Education will host the Online registration begins January 15, 2014 Call (804) 827-1207 for more information Featuring nationally recognized speakers and local experts discussing current issues throughout the trauma system, including pre-hospital, emergency, critical care, acute care and rehabilitation. This multidisciplinary conference will present information pertinent to physicians, nurses, paramedics, social workers, program managers and other health care professionals.
Brain Injury Rehabilitation Conference, May 16 - 17, 2014 at Liberty Station Conference Center ● San Diego, CA
View Conference Website
Download Abstract Submission Form
Opportunity for Networking and Sharing Innovations: A Call for Professional Participation!
The Rehabilitation Center at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas is pleased to announce the 9th Annual Brain Injury Rehabilitation Conference to be held May 16-17, 2014 in San Diego, California. Scripps is currently accepting proposals for conference lectures, workshops and poster presentations. Submissions should focus on practical and intermediate level applications to practice, sharing best practices, and comparing innovative approaches through lectures and workshops. A detailed list of suggested topics as well as the submission form can be found above. The deadline for submissions of a Poster Presentation is April 1, 2014. The deadline for submissions of a General Session or Workshop Presentation is August 31, 2013.