TCAA Educational Offerings
Outside Courses and Conferences
Pediatric Interfacility Transfer Tool Kit
- When prompted to either "Open" or "Save" to desktop, click "Save." Please do not try to open it within the web browser.
Thank you for making our 15th Annual TCAA Trauma Conference a Success!
Congratulations to our
Best Practice Poster Session Winners
See the link on the right side of this page for all the TCAA 2012 Best Practice Submissions
Best Practice and Poster Winner
Ruth Adeola, RN, MS, Injury Prevention Program Coordinator and Alyson Schuster, BA, BSN, RN,SCN1
of R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD for
"R Adams Shock Trauma Center Hospital-Based Prevention Program"
Best Practice Winner
Debbie Couillard, RN, BSN, et al
of Medical University of South Carolina,
Surgery Acute and Critical Care Service line, Department of Surgery, Enterprise Analytics, Charleston, SC for
"Leveraging Technology for Patient Care: An Automated 'Key Performance Indicator' Scorecard"
Best Poster Winner
Paige Gesing, BS, RN, Trauma Program Manager, et al
of Presbyterian Hospital, Charlotte, NC for
"Trauma Pit Crew: The Race for Excellence"
TCAA Education Opportunities
Education for Directors/Managers
The path to trauma program administration is often through the clinical ladder which rarely prepares the manager for the tasks of financing and operating a trauma center. To assure managers are successful, whatever their background, TCAA provides the following annually:
- Comprehensive PI Course
- Finance and Business Planning Course.
Education for Trauma Medical Directors
The TCAA offers a course to educate Trauma Medical Directors about the business and leadership skills needed in their challenging administrative role. The Trauma Medical Director course is limited to a small number of participants to facilitate discussion and problem solving. The course is held during the Annual Trauma Conference.
TCAA's Annual Meeting/Conference offers hospital and trauma system administrative professionals a one stop educational conference. Our Annual Conference comprehensively covers trauma operations including, but not limited to: system development, finance, reimbursement, advocacy, performance improvement and many facets of leadership development. The goal of TCAA's conference is to prepare participants to address the issues confronting trauma care systems now and in the future.
Members of TCAA receive audiotapes of the Trauma Center Association of America's Annual Meeting.
Mark your calendars for the TCAA Annual Meeting on November 5-6, 2013 at the Peppermill Resort, Casino and Spa in Reno, Nevada.
TCAA offers Webinar Conferences on current topics of interest to Managers and Trauma Medical Directors. These webinars are limited to TCAA members only. During these webinars, you have access to national experts in their fields. The webinars are recorded and accessible to members.
Are you offerering or interested in attending a conference on trauma management or care. If so, check our website for conference offerings. You can also list conferences you are sponsoring.
Webinar Conferences (TCAA Members Only)
See the side panel on the right of this page for instructions on how to register for the webinars.
- Advocacy: Positioning Trauma Care in the Evolving Health Care Delivery System (2012)
- Performance Improvement: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly ( 2012 )
- ACS Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) ( 2011 )
- Collections, Denials & Appeals ( 2011 )
- Managed Care Contracts & Carve Outs ( 2011)
- Advocacy: Healthcare Reform & the Future of Trauma and Emergency Medicine ( 2011 )
- Trauma Finance ( 2011 )
- Marketing your Trauma Services: Annual Trauma Program Report ( 2010 )
- Physician Coverage: Models for the Current & Upcoming Surgical Shortage ( 2010 )
- Drop off/Drive by: How to Bill for Trauma Team Activations without Pre-notification ( 2010 )
- Mid-Level Practitioners: Filling and Funding the Gap ( 2009)
- Hospital Acquired Complications: Updates on "Present on Admission" Non-Payment ( 2009 )
- EMTALA and Non-Emergent Transfers: What Does the Law Really Require ( 2007 )
- Trauma Center Finance: A Surgical Perspective ( 2007 )
- Evidence-based JCAHO: Safety Practice Protocols for Trauma Services ( 2006 )
- Emphasis on Excellence: Performance Improvement on a Shoestring ( 2005 )
- Making the Most of Your Trauma Data: Telling the Trauma Program Financial Story to Administration ( 2005 )
Please contact Tracey Bardey for more information on accessing these recorded sessions:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (575) 525-9511
Outside Courses and Conferences
- Conemaugh 1st Annual Keystone Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Summit on the Lake at "The Crown Jewel of PA," Lake Raystown Conference Center and Resort on May 31st, 2013. There will be 16 exceptional presenters who represent 7 different top trauma centers and 5 different healthcare systems. Conference Website Brochure
- 15th Annual Trauma Symposium, May 20-22, 2013 at Bally's Atlantic City Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, NJ. For information visit: the Website or see the Brochure (PDF 3 Mb) .
- 2013 Austin Trauma & Critical Care Conference will held at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center May 30-31, 2013. The conference offers basic and cutting edge guidelines and technology for evaluation, diagnosis and management of trauma patients. Please sign up to be notified when early registration begins in January. If you have questions or requests for more information about attending or exhibiting at the 2013 conference, please contact Katie Foarde at email@example.com. Save the Date
- 2013 National Meeting of the Safe States Alliance and SAVIR, June 5-7, 2013 at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center in Baltimore, Maryland.REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Registration for the 2013 National Meeting of the Safe States Alliance and SAVIR, "Safe Today Safer Tomorrow" is now open. The Conference will be held June 5-7, 2013 in Baltimore, Maryland at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center, with pre-conference activities beginning on June 4, 2013. Register now for the 2013 National Meeting of the Safe States Alliance and SAVIR- Early Bird registration ends Sunday, March 31, 2013.
Pre-Conference Workshop: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
"Injury Prevention in Trauma Centers: Today and Tomorrow"
Trauma centers are working in injury prevention today more than ever before. The challenges of serving the prevention needs of trauma center patients and the community are many, but strategic planning and the use of best practices can go a long way to addressing those challenges. Participants will learn from experts with first-hand experience in how to implement effective prevention strategies to address motor vehicle crashes and falls, which are two of the leading types of trauma being treated today and likely into the future. This workshop will also include a group tour of the new R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center's seven-story Trauma Critical Care Tower or the new Medical Examiner's Office in the University of Maryland Biopark.
Please encourage your trauma colleagues to attend! REGISTER HERE: 2013 National Meeting of the Safe States Alliance and SAVIR
- ADVOCACY AND LEGISLATIVE VISITS IN WASHINGTON D.C.
SAVIR Hill Day: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Policy advocacy is a central strategy for assuring public investment in injury prevention and control research, and that research findings are translated into evidence-based policies. This session will focus on strategies for effective advocacy, including: developing and delivering a policy ask; preparing leave behind materials; and responding to requests for information. Importantly, participants will have an opportunity to practice these skills by meeting with congressional representatives following the training session to advocate for injury prevention research funding. "Advocating for Injury Prevention Research: Learning by Doing in the Nation's Capital"
Training will take place from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, with legislative visits in Washington, D.C. between 1:00 PM-5:00 PM. We would appreciate your RSVP by March 31, 2013. Upon registration there will be an option to RSVP for this event. If you would like to participate in the event and do not plan to attend the conference, please e-mail the SAVIR administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by the SAVIR Advocacy and Policy Committee. REGISTER HERE: 2013 National Meeting of the Safe States Alliance and SAVIR
Western Pediatric Trauma Conference, July 1-3, 2013 at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort & Spa in Beaver Creek, Colorado. Experience Colorado's Rocky Mountains at the Western Pediatric Trauma Conference 2013. The conference features nationally renowned faculty representing specialists in the fields of pediatric trauma, the pediatric surgical sub-specialties, critical care, emergency medicine and pre-hospital. The program content is targeted to physicians and health care professionals who care for injured children. Save the Date. For more information visit www.westernptc.org.